Obera can help you lose three times the weight of diet and exercise.
But the real results happen when you understand it’s not a shortcut, that it’s a tool for learning how to take control.GET STARTED TODAY
Why Orbera Works
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR ORBERA?
Only a physician can tell you whether or not Orbera is right for you, that’s why a consultation is so important.
But if you’ve tried diet and exercise without success, Orbera might be the tool for taking control of your eating behavior.
The Orbera® Intragastric Balloon System is a weight loss aid for adults suffering from obesity, with a body mass index (BMI) ≥ 30 and ≤ 40 kg/m2, who have tried other weight loss programs, such as following supervised diet, exercise, and behavior modification programs, but who were unable to lose weight and keep it off.
To receive Orbera® you must be willing to also follow a 12-month program, beginning with the placement of Orbera® and continuing for 6 months after, that includes a healthy diet and exercise plan. If the diet and exercise program is not followed, you will not experience significant weight loss results; in fact, you may not experience any weight loss.
- BMI ≥ 30 and ≤ 40 who have tried other weight loss programs and were unable to lose weight and keep it off.
- Age: 18 – 75
- Willingness to participate in nutrition class and engage in exercise regimen to aid weight loss.
- Patients who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant within 6 month’s time, or breast feeding
- Patients with known gastric ulcers
- Patients with active cancer
- Patients with known eating disorders
- Previous gastric surgery
Steps for Orbera Program
- Attend Information Seminar/Webinar
- Bari Assessment:
- Patient will consent at this visit and pay at this visit.
- Pre op testing will be ordered at this visit (CMP and CBC – Client Billed to SMS).
- Nutrition 101 within 1 week after Bari Assessment and prior to placement of balloon.* If patient misses Nutrition 101 class they will have to reschedule their balloon placement until after they have rescheduled and attended NUT 101.
- Balloon Placement- f/u appointment to see surgeon 1 week after placement
- Weight Management visits monthly after placement until patient reaches 6 months; then schedule to see surgeon for H/P and consent for removal.
- Balloon Removal- f/u appointment to see surgeon 1 week after removal
- Patient can continue weight management visits monthly for 6 additional months if interested.
Pre Op Testing
- CBC and CMP (client bill to SMS @ price of $9.44)
- EGD (at time of balloon placement); if patient found to be ineligible for balloon placement will either bill patients insurance or charge for EGD and refund will be given for the remainder of money paid for balloon placement.
- No psych eval required
Orbera Program Cost
The cost is $8500 for the procedure at the outpatient surgery center and includes: $7000 to facility (including anesthesia) and $1500 to surgeon. This price includes balloon removal as well. Payment will be made to SMS at Bari Assessment Visit.CLICK HERE FOR FINANCING OPTIONS