To begin your weight loss journey, you must start by watching our online video seminar or attending an in-person seminar. South Mississippi Surgical Weight Loss Center offers these free, informational seminars to help you make an informed decision about weight-loss surgery. Dr. William Avara, Dr. Jason Payne, and Dr. John Hall provide important information about Bariatric Surgery and their comprehensive weight loss surgery program. With the online seminar, you are able to take your first step from the comfort of your home at a time convenient for you.
Please set aside about 50 minutes to complete the seminar.
We highly recommend completing this Webinar on a desktop or laptop for optimal playability.
- The webinar video is about 50 minutes in total - so please allow yourself at least this amount of time to complete the webinar.
- Once you begin, you will be prompted to fill out a HIPAA compliant form with some information. Please fully complete this form.
- There will be a sign-in form after that which will also need to be completed. You will only need to confirm: First Name, Last Name, Email, and Phone Number in this form.
- You will be able to rewind the webinar in case you missed some information or wanted to replay a portion of the video. You will not be able to fast forward.
- You must complete the entire seminar to move on to a consultation.
- Complete the separate admissions packet after viewing the packet: https://smsurgicalweightloss.com/patient-forms/. You can submit this paperwork during an office visit or send it via fax to (228)818-3978 or email to email@example.com
Technical guidelines to successfully view our online seminar on a computer or mobile device are the following.
Your computer or mobile device will need a consistent, strong internet, WI-FI or cellular connection throughout the entire online seminar.
Supported platforms and browsers for the Webinar.
Internet Explorer (Win) - 11
- IE 11 on Windows 8.1+ uses HTML-based HLS and DASH (leveraging MSE)
- IE 11 on Windows < 8.1 uses Flash for HLS (will fall back to MP4 if Flash disabled) and Silverlight for DASH
- IE 10 and 11, in Compatibility Mode, will show Domain Restriction errors when viewing domain-restricted content.
- IE's Compatibility mode is not supported
- IE's Enterprise mode is not supported
Microsoft Edge - Latest Version
- The Windows 10N/10KN editions come without Windows Media Player and related technologies pre-installed. To play video, you can install Microsoft's Media feature pack.
Chrome Desktop (Win, Mac) – Latest Version
Firefox Desktop (Win, Mac) – Latest Version
Safari Desktop (Mac) – Version 9+
Safari Mobile (iOS) – Version 9+
Chrome Mobile (iOS) -Latest Version
Chrome Mobile (Android) – Latest Google no longer supports Android 4.x and older with the Chrome browser.
IE Windows 8 Tablet – Version 11+
Chrome OS – Version 33+
Here are some things to keep in mind to avoid technical difficulties while watching the seminar:
Make sure you have a strong and consistent WI-FI, cellular, or internet signal… If you do not, try a different location with a stronger connection.
To successfully resume the seminar if you step away do not clear your browser history/cache/cookies during the period of time you are watching the seminar. Watch the seminar from the same device and browser.
Please call or email us with any questions! We look forward to seeing you.