Orbera® can help you lose three times the weight of diet and exercise.
Orbera® is a weight loss balloon designed to help with portion control and improve weight loss. While it is temporarily in your stomach for six months, it encourages your body to adapt to healthier portion sizes. The shape and volume of an Orbera® intragastric balloon take up enough space in your stomach to help you adapt to healthier portion sizes and have been shown to help patients lose up to 3x the weight of diet and exercise alone.
If you’ve tried diet and exercise without success, Orbera might be the tool for taking control of your eating behavior. The Orbera® Intragastric Balloon System is a weight loss aid for adults suffering from obesity, with a body mass index (BMI) ≥ 30 and ≤ 40 kg/m2, who have tried other weight loss programs, such as following supervised diet, exercise, and behavior modification programs, but who were unable to lose weight and keep off weight.
To receive Orbera® you must be willing to also follow a 12-month program, beginning with the placement of Orbera® and continuing for six months after, that includes a healthy diet and exercise plan. If the diet and exercise program is not followed, you will not experience significant weight loss results; in fact, you may not experience any weight loss.
- BMI ≥ 30 and ≤ 40 who have tried other weight loss programs and were unable to lose weight and keep it off.
- Age: 18 – 75
- Willingness to participate in nutrition class and engage in exercise regimen to aid weight loss.
- Patients who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant within six months’ time, or breast feeding
- Patients with known gastric ulcers
- Patients with active cancer
- Patients with known eating disorders
- Previous gastric surgery
- Attend Information Seminar/Webinar
- Bari Assessment:
- Patient will consent at this visit and pay at this visit.
- Pre-op testing will be ordered at this visit (CMP and CBC – Client Billed to SMS).
- Nutrition 101 within one week after Bari Assessment and prior to placement of balloon.* If patient misses Nutrition 101 class they will have to reschedule their balloon placement until after they have rescheduled and attended NUT 101.
- Balloon Placement- f/u appointment to see surgeon one week after placement.
- Weight Management visits monthly after placement until patient reaches six months; then schedule to see surgeon for H/P and consent for removal.
- Balloon Removal- f/u appointment to see surgeon one week after removal
- Patient can continue weight management visits monthly for six additional months if interested.
- CBC and CMP (client bill to SMS at price of $9.44)
- EGD (at time of balloon placement); if patient found to be ineligible for balloon placement will either bill patients insurance or charge for EGD and refund will be given for the remainder of money paid for balloon placement.
- No psych evaluation required
The cost is $8,500 for the procedure at the outpatient surgery center and includes: $7,000 to facility (including anesthesia) and $1,500 to surgeon. This price includes balloon removal as well. Payment will be made to SMS at Bari Assessment Visit.